Dev Guide + IP Schema Design DocBook conversion (was Re: [Cu-wireless] ETX Protocol Spec)

Chase Phillips shepard at ameth.org
Sat Apr 17 20:32:25 CDT 2004

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Chase Phillips wrote:

> Dave, I had planned to convert the documents you'd posted to the list
> recently.  Is this also something in which you're interested?

I've converted two more documents: the Developer's Guide and the Network
IP Schema Design.  I've also updated the ETX Protocol Spec to match some
conventions I've introduced.  I took a stab at suggesting a doc numbering
schema a la other technical projects (think IETF's RFC, Jabber's JEP).
The addition was a numbering scheme for each document with a prefix of
"CTR".  CTR stands for "CUWiN Technical Report".

For example, the Developer's Guide is entitled "CTR-0001: Developer's
Guide" since it is (what I understand to be) the first technical write-up
listed under the CUWiN Documents page.  The second write-up is "CTR-0002:
Network IP Schema Design".  The title of the ETX Spec has changed to
reflect its third listing.  I assume "OSI Grant Text" isn't considered a
technical write-up but I'm not ruling that possibility out until I hear
from Sascha or its other authors.

I thought this CTR concept would make navigating and understanding the
whole of the write-ups easier but maybe I'm off.  What do others think of
the idea?

Developer's Guide
-----------------

  Note:
    I assumed the prompt was tcsh based on some remarks in the guide.  Let
    me know if I'm off on this.

  Input XML source
    http://shepard.ameth.org/developers-guide/Developers-Guide.xml

  Chunked XHTML