[Cu-wireless] ETX Protocol Spec

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sun Apr 18 16:25:40 CDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 01:13:05PM -0500, Chase Phillips wrote:
> I've converted this document to DocBook 4.2 XML and have used that file to
> then create a set of XHTML, PDF, and Text output files.  The input file is
> not meant to be 100% complete but is shown as a proof-of-concept for
> possible future work.  (I'd like to think that 100% completeness can only
> be denoted by the document's original author.)

Neat.  I would be pleased to see how the other documents are converted
to DocBook, too.  All the latest docs are in under cuw/trunk/doc/local/
in Subversion.

A few questions:

    Is there a target for manual pages with the macro set described
    in mdoc(7)?

    You said that it was lots of work setting up your computer to render
    PDF/text/HTML from DocBook.  What programs will we need to install?
    I am trying to keep the development environment pretty slim.
    Just for example, we are *very* close to being able to cross-build
    the C-U Wireless boot media using only the NetBSD host tools, which
    compile and run on virtually every POSIX system.  I would like for
    the docs likewise to be rendered to PDF/HTML/manual page/whatever
    with a compact, well-defined set of document transform tools.