[CUWiN] Good Wireless card for nodes?

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Aug 18 20:22:11 CDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 08:07:48PM -0500, Shankar Rao wrote:
> I have another question. Since I will be using old computers instead of
> those soekris boards, I'm assuming that I will need coaxial cable to
> get from the antennae to the computer. Do I need any specially
> shielded, or will the kind I use to get cable to my room be fine?

For 2.4GHz, the quality of the coax cable and the type of connectors
are both different from cable TV.  You can buy radio jumpers at some of
the places mentioned on the list.  Shorter jumpers are best.  You will
need an RP-SMA connector on the radio end of the jumper.  The other end
depends on your antenna, but it is usually an N male connector.