[CUWiN] Good Wireless card for nodes?

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Aug 18 21:01:49 CDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Shankar Rao wrote:

> I have another question. Since I will be using old computers instead of
> those soekris boards, I'm assuming that I will need coaxial cable to
> get from the antennae to the computer. Do I need any specially
> shielded, or will the kind I use to get cable to my room be fine?

the cuwin project has several antenna/cable runs already made that we
could sell you for the cost of the parts (about $100).  the cable runs are
about 20-25' long and you should (if they have the same connector) be able
to connect directly to your computer's wireless card.  we'd built them
before we got the OSI funding which allowed us to standardize our
equipment and it'll save you _a lot_ of time and hassle.

lemme know,

--sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Project Manager & Pres.  *  Project Coordinator  *  Project Manager