[Cu-wireless] Reminder -- MEETING THIS SATURDAY: Feb 21 at Noon atthe CWN Office.

Illustrious niteshad niteshad at linuxmail.org
Thu Feb 19 13:19:13 CST 2004

> Hi everyone,
>
> Just to remind everyone, there will be a Community Wireless Network
> meeting this Saturday Feb 21 at Noon at the CWN Office (Second Floor of
> 115 W. Main St. in downtown Urbana).  The meeting will start on time (so
> plan to arrive a few minutes early) and last for one hour (though working
> groups might wish to meet afterwards).
>
> Here's the tentative agenda:
>
> 1. Introductions
> 2. OSI Grant Summary/Update & Funding Disbursement Overview
> 3. Press Conference Follow-ups
> 4. Guaging Participants Interests & Skills
> 5. Finding Programmers
> 6. Next Steps
>
> See you Saturday,
>
> --Sascha
>
> P.S.  If you know you definitely _will_ be there (and have read this far),
> could you drop a note to the list?
>
> P.P.S.  Also how much interest is there in setting up an IRC chatroom?
> To make this work, we'd need several folks who can't make it to the
> face-to-face meeting to step forward, and someone who will be present at
> the meeting to be an IRC liaison (e.g., interfacing between the online and
> the face-to-face meeting), please let me know -- it would be nice to have
> this if there is adequate interest.

Hi all,

I'm interested in attending the meeting remotely via IRC.  I can access IRC on my PCS phone/PDA if I know the name of the IRC server we're using and the TCP port on which it's listening to the network.  Please post this info to the list.

So who else is in for the IRC segment of the meeting?  Let's make this thing happen!

regards,

Mark

"In God we trust, all others must publish their data."