[CUWiN] url for wrt54g info:

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Jun 9 18:31:21 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 05:03:04PM -0500, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> here's an interesting story on the wrt54g router that was forwarded on to
> me:
>
> http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20040527.html

"Hmm."  You can't say that Cringely hasn't got vision....

One problem with the wrt54g is that it hasn't got open-source wireless
drivers.  That means that you can't fix the bugs, you cannot improve it,
and you cannot use the operating system of your choice.

A small chance remains for me to get datasheets for the Broadcom chip
in that AP.  I've just got to write the letter.  I think I know who to
send it to, where I did not previously.

BTW, a couple of us at C-U Wireless are involved with porting NetBSD
to cheap APs based on the Realtek RTL8181.  There are some outstanding
issues that we could use a hot-shot GCC hacker's help with.  Also ... has
anybody got a fast scope or a logic analyzer?