[Cu-wireless] GIS Status

Paul Wefel pwefel at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 2 16:11:57 CST 2004

Another source for geo-referenced map data is the usgs, they are free
from the Illinois state geographic survey.
Also, I have had real good luck using another free app called GRASS
which runs on a ton of different platforms.  The learning curve is a
little steep but moves quickly with the tutorials.

I used the two sources above to generate 2.4Ghz coverage maps in CU a
couple years ago:
http://www.wefel.net/wireless/maps.html