[Cu-wireless] GIS Status

Wendy Edwards wedwards at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 3 10:58:58 CST 2004

Thanks!  At this point, I'm using JUMP
( http://www.vividsolutions.com/jump/ ) to manipulate ESRI shapefiles.
One thing I like is the layered approach - it's possible to control what's
displayed and how you want it to be rendered.  For example, we can show
parks, roads, waterways, railroads, local points of interest, and streets,
and we can specify what colors we want, how we want them to be labeled,
etc.  I thought we might be able to just generate another layer to handle
information about our nodes.  Hopefully, we could readily calculate the
relative distances and store other information if we needed it, e.g., how
reliable the node was, whether it was currently up or down, etc.