[Cu-wireless] Wireless Roaming (Mobile IP)

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Mar 3 15:11:32 CST 2004

is this something we should be following up with?  i fear that it's just a
sales spam to sell us something, but thought i'd check with everyone.

--sascha

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Suresh Rasaretnam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently read an article on your wireless build out in Chicago. I would
> like propose Mobile IP as a supplement to your network. Mobile IP Client
> side software, enables a device (laptop, pda, etc.) to roam between
> different access technologies:  WLAN, LAN, GSM/GPRS, CDMA 2000, etc.
> Seamless mobility between various WiFi networks or between competing
> technologies would add value to the customers offering.
>

> I would be glad to setup a Webex demo of the technology, if you are
> interested.
>
> regards
> Suresh
>

> Suresh Rasaretnam
> Sales Engineering, Mobile Technology AMPAC
> Birdstep Technologies ASA.
> 206-351-3582 (Mobile)
> 206-748-5353
> http://www.birdstep.com

Sascha Meinrath
Project Manager & President      *      Project Manager
Acorn Active Media Foundation   ***     Eggplant Active Media
www.acornactivemedia.com         *      www.eggplantmedia.com