[Cu-wireless] NSF NeTS Program Solicitation

Wendy Edwards wedwards at uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 7 23:42:55 CST 2004

The idea of using a wireless sensor network for traffic safety is
interesting.  Some concerns I have with including that in the CWN are

1) Can we guarantee that the CWN will be reliable enough to do this?
2) It sounds like we'll initially be dependent on volunteer hosts.  Would
they all be amenable to the network being used for this?

When I'd suggested that we consider pursuing NeTS, I'd been thinking of
the Focus Area 1: Programmable Wireless Networking, possibly Routing and
Topology.  It doesn't seem feasible to deal with QoS in the project.  It
could be interesting to examine policies on the CWN, and how those could
be enforced.