[Cu-wireless] NSF NeTS Program Solicitation

Jeffrey Holewinski jeffh at aceinternetsolutions.com
Sun Mar 7 21:12:49 CST 2004

Hello all-

     This is Jeff Holewinski from Ace Internet Solutions up in Chicago.  I
haven't joined in any of the conversations in a while, but since you guys
are talking about network video, I thought I'd throw my thoughts in.  I
don't know if you remember me.  We met when we first installed our long
range wireless network.  We have since moved from using our wireless network
for internet access to using it to transmit network video.  We have teamed
up with Axis communications, the leader in network video products.  We are
the Axis solutions partner for the midwest.  One of our surveillance systems
was recently used by the Chicago Police to do Drag Racing raids.  They would
watch the racing over the camera network to decide when to block the racers
in and arrest them while impounding their cars.  These raids and the video
were used by the city to create new laws on drag racing.   We have installed
my such surveillance systems.  Remote monitoring is a big thing now (ever
since 9-11).  Feel free to look at our website.  We have all of the Axis
video line on there.  Also, you can view the demo cam outside of our
building.  If you want any more info, feel free to e-mail me back.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Holewinski, President
Ace Internet Solutions