[Cu-wireless] Knowledge seeking...

Ben Hwang bhwang at phoenix-networks.net
Wed Mar 24 10:21:17 CST 2004

To whom it may concern:

I am very interested in the hardware configurations that you guys are
using for the POPs.  I am trying to set up a rural community network here
in North Carolina, but getting stuck because NO ONE will fund it.  Why?
Because grants are getting filtered into somebody's pocket and the
rural communities never see the money, nor do they see the supposed
networks they're "receiving".

Sick and tired of this type of thing going on so I started my own
nonprofit (501c3 pending) and looking for a little help.

I would love to set up something very similar to yours.  An ISP has
already donated tower space, and willing to help with it (basically
everything but the AP hardware is donated and the line is being given at
pretty low rate).

If there is someone that has some time to e-mail back, I would appreciate
it immensely.

Regards,
Ben

--
Ben Hwang
Executive Director	Phoenix Networks
E-mail	:	bhwang at phoenix-networks.net

This message is for the designated recipient
only and may contain privileged, proprietary
or otherwise private information.  If you
have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original.
Any unauthorized use of this email is
prohibited.