[CUWiN] Re: 900 MHz Gear

Todd Boyle tboyle at rosehill.net
Sun Sep 19 14:12:45 CDT 2004

Please write to the FCC and ARRL.  This would enable citizens to build
our own networks.   http://www.fcc.gov/sptf/

 > FYI, the ARRL HSMM (a committee of the ARRL), just made
 > a recomendation to allow encryption on the amateur bands above 50mhz.

Encryption would allow citizens to use amateur bands for
useful communication -- like email, web browsing, etc.

ARRL is the largest, oldest, amateur association; the only
one really.   ARRL has certainly been influential in past.  Hams
have an incredible wealth of spectrum resources, their own
class A IP address space, their own satellites, etc.  Almost like the
railroad land grants.

Amateur spectrum should be returned to the public commons.
Allowing encryption is exactly the right way to do it.

Todd Boyle - Kirkland WA - 425-827-3107   ex WA7DGZ
  AR/AP everywhere http://www.ledgerism.net
http://ledgerism.net/leftside.htm#CommunityNets