[CUWiN] code audit; testing

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Mon Sep 20 12:51:11 CDT 2004

Is anybody interested in auditing CUWiN's HSLS/ETX code for memory leaks,
buffer overflows, and other flaws?  I get the feeling that the routing
code has had very few eyes on it, apart from Bryan's and mine.

It would be useful if somebody would set up a test framework where we
can run up to a few hundred HSLS instances with simulated physical links
between them.  A couple of times somebody has mentioned on the IETF MANET
list that he has a FreeBSD-based system for this kind of simulation---it
looked promising.  I think that there are also tricks you can do with
the new NetBSD port to the Xen virtual machine, with VMware, Bochs (?),
and User Mode Linux.