[CUWiN] code audit; testing

Wendy Edwards wedwards at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 20 17:08:54 CDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 12:51:11PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> Is anybody interested in auditing CUWiN's HSLS/ETX code for memory leaks,
> buffer overflows, and other flaws?  I get the feeling that the routing
> code has had very few eyes on it, apart from Bryan's and mine.
>
> It would be useful if somebody would set up a test framework where we
> can run up to a few hundred HSLS instances with simulated physical links
> between them.  A couple of times somebody has mentioned on the IETF MANET
> list that he has a FreeBSD-based system for this kind of simulation---it
> looked promising.  I think that there are also tricks you can do with
> the new NetBSD port to the Xen virtual machine, with VMware, Bochs (?),
> and User Mode Linux.

I'd be willing to help with testing, though I'd need to get up to speed
on some things first.  BTW, what I'd been thinking of with the node
mapping software was similar to what Zach had been doing.  The major
differences were that I was thinking of using GIS data and a database
to track the information.  Also, I hadn't been planning to do any
spring-like animations.  There are some rough screenshots at
http://www.livejournal.com/users/mrscake/746

Wendy