[CUWiN] end-user mesh

John Kintree jkintree at swbell.net
Mon Apr 18 10:54:25 CDT 2005

On Monday 18 April 2005 05:39 am, Jim Thompson wrote:
> I think its a mistake to require people to load new software on their
> laptops, even if it improves the situation.
> Folks won't do it.

You could be right.  On the other hand, according to www.skype.com, their free
Internet telephony software has been downloaded more than 101 million times.
Sometimes folks will install new software, if it delivers real benefits.

Some people might not want to run the cuwin software on their laptop, but
other people might to receive the mutual benefits of a network with expanded
coverage.

The possibility of end users running the cuwin software on their laptops
raises another question.  With a greatly increased number of nodes, would
cuwin be able to determine the shortest path through the network?  If there
are too many hops, the latency in transmission might cripple realtime
applications such as VOIP.
John Kintree