[CUWiN] CU WIN Software Issues

jbrink at sympatico.ca jbrink at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 27 12:44:55 CDT 2005

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on the list has had any success deploying
nodes  with cuwin 0.5.5 on the soekris net4526-30 boards and the dual
band mini PCI wireless card NL-5354MP+ARIFS2.

The board takes the image fine and I can see the box putting out RF at
both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with the cuwireless.net ssid on channel 11 for
2.4 GHz and channel 60 at 5 GHz (not sure how it picked channel 60).

The problems begin when trying to configure the node.  The configuration
utility runs fine the first time through and the configuration changes
as expected, however the configuration utility will never run again.
The utility seems to abort and when checking the configuration file it
is completely blank.  If the node is rebooted the cuwireless.net ssid
never comes back up.

At one point I ran the configuration and changed the SSID then re
flashed the node with a fresh image and when the node came back it still
had the SSID that I had changed from the previous image at 5 GHz while
the 2.4 GHz was set back to cuwireless.net.  When I removed power to the
node and rebooted only the cuwireless.net ssid remained (2.4 GHz only).

Also how is the gateway address determined ?

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks

Jef