[CUWiN] cuwin on wrt54g?

ap scrapinhere at gmx.net
Wed Feb 2 11:15:08 CST 2005

hello cuwin people!

i have been reading about the hsls algorithm a while ago, i was surpised
that it is alredy implemented.

we currently have a ~30 node network of fixed nodes here in vienna that
runs on openwrt and olsr, nerarly all of them are wrt54g devices and
some are old PCs. we also have some notebooks running windows, mostly as
mobile clients. not all connections are wireless, we have wired links
and openvpn tunnels at certain points.

or homepage is at www.funkfeuer.at (in german)

we recently switched from hop-count to etx metric, which gave a big
boost in terms of network stability. though it runs quite well, i would
like to try out different sortware, because i have concerns towards the
scalability of olsr. the number of control messages increases linearily
with the network size, and the number of members is growing steadily.

is it possible to run the cuwin software on a wrt54g device, or more
generally speaking on any linux system?

is it possible to run just the hslsd and omit the other software that is
included?

why exactly do you need special support from the wireless chipsets? i
always thought the routing protocol just needs a working ip layer. the
wireless driver for the broadcom chipset may be closed, but it works
quite good on openwrt.

greetings
andreas petersson