[CUWiN] Large Installation

Nick Inbody ninbody at co.hood.tx.us
Thu Feb 24 15:39:17 CST 2005

Hello All,

I have not read all of the list archives, so I apologize if I am repeating a
previous question.  Is a large scale installation of this system with a
single high speed internet (or other) connection point a viable idea?  I am
assuming the existing mesh in Champaign-Urbana is currently the largest
installation.  What will happen with 100 radios?  With 1000?  I have seen an
example of the Tropos mesh, and they ended up backhauling every fourth or
fifth node to get around latency issues, and that was with only 50 Tropos
radios.  What is the general expectation for this system?

Nick