[CUWiN] Large Installation

Nick Inbody ninbody at co.hood.tx.us
Mon Feb 28 09:09:36 CST 2005

Thank you Sascha.

I am looking into the idea of setting up a "large" test system using low
budget hardware.  We have about 5 acres of open space around our main
facility, and I keep having visions of it blanketed with old Pentium class
PCs, quietly humming away with CUWiN on them.  It might not be realistic,
but if I can get the cost low enough I might be able to get my commissioners
to fund a little research project.  As a county government, we have access
to federal/state surplus which might serve to get us the PCs at next to
nothing.

The ultimate goal would be to prove the viability of the system, in pursuit
of funding for a production system to cover the entire county area,
approximately 425 sq. miles.

Any suggestions for getting the most bang out of a test bed, specifically
for the intent of proving scalability?

Nick