[CUWiN] Large Installation

Nick Inbody ninbody at co.hood.tx.us
Mon Feb 28 12:07:59 CST 2005

Jack,

network.

>jack

My thoughts exactly.  Except build the test bed large enough to push that to
an extreme, maybe even to a breaking point.  Maybe a grid of 3 or 4 radios
wide and 10 to 15 (or more?) radios deep, so there would be some amount of
signal overlap as well as a large number of hops end to end.  Then
throughput test as you described.  It would give an opportunity to create
some worst case scenarios, or at least some bad scenarios in a controlled
environment.  Again, not sure yet if this is feasible in terms of expense.
I have also been looking for a listing of current production PCI cards that
use the Prism chipset, to find one at a low enough price to be "disposable".
Anyone seen a current list?  I am talking to Conexant to see if they can
provide me with one, have not heard back yet.

Nick