[CUWiN] Replace the landline?

Seth Price seth at pricepages.org
Thu Jul 28 20:25:59 CDT 2005

Hello wireless folk! I just finished a Comp. Sci. BS degree at the
Univ. of Wisc. Madison and I'm going to be moving to Urbana in a few
weeks. My wife and I are trying to go without a phone land line and
we don't watch any cable tv, but we both require internet access. It
seems that quality internet access is hard to come by without paying
for either of those lines. So this is where you guys come in.

Is CUWiN reliable enough for it to replace my current land line? What
is the normal bandwidth that I would get? Anyone know how strong the
signal is at the corner of Race St. and E. Washington? Are there any
other low cost options for broadband access in the area? I've waited
longer than I should to compose this message, so a fast reply would
be appreciated.
Thanks,
Seth