[CUWiN] Supported PCI 2.1 cards (eg. Belkin F5D6001)

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Mar 25 12:10:16 CST 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 04:20:22PM -0600, James A. Stori wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a new member of this email list, and am hoping to (relatively) soon
> have a CUW node up-and-running based on an older Pentium PC we have at
> home. I have been struggling to find a PCI 2.1 compatible NIC that is
> supported by the CUWin software and available for purchase.
>
> After much searching, it appeared that the Belkin F5D6001 might be a good
> candidate. I have found references suggesting that V2101 (based on the
> ADM8211 chipset) of this card is supported by CUWin and that it is PCI 2.1
> compatible.

The ADM8211 chipset is supported.

I don't know what the differences are between Belkin 2101, 2102, and 2114.
Sorry I cannot be more informative, but they change chips in wireless
cards all of the time.

A card with the Atheros chipset, like the DWL-G520, will work.
I don't think it will cost much more than the Belkin product.
They have a good price at shentech.com (never used this merchant),
<http://www.shentech.com/ddwaixtg10wi.html>.

Dave