[WLANware] [CUWiN] good news everyone

Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Sat Aug 5 03:30:29 CDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 15:52 -1000, Jim Thompson wrote:
> Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> > For most people this is not a surprise. Nice fact is that the RX/TX
> > separation actually works (legally) on the Linksys.
> >
> You are correct, it is unsurprising.  Were it not this way, the radio
> would "blind" itself.

yes, but the point is that it is legal to listen with high gain antennas
with the linksys. Which was not so clear, given that the linksys has
such a cheap cheap design. (it could have been that the TX antenna sends
out a little bit over the RX line and when you have a super high gain
28dBi antenna on the RX line, it goes over the 100mW EIRP again).

Remember the linksys was build for indoor use and with the TX/RX
separation we can stretch it even further if needed.

:) I thought that is the good news.