[CUWiN] CUWiN on a router?

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 15:32:26 CDT 2006

Hey Alex,
CUWiN as we speak is working towards this in a couple different ways.
We have a Google Summer of Code project porting CUWiN to the Asus
WL-500G, we are working with Meraki Networks to develop a port of
CUWiN to run on the soon to be released Meraki Mini
(http://meraki.net/products.html), as well as partnering with other
organizations to port CUWiN to similar hardware.  Keep watching the
lists and our site for more information.

On 8/15/06, aeh <aenarson at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello all -
>
> I'm working now with NTRC on the North Lawndale Wireless Community
> Network in Chicago (we run cuwin)--I realize that this question has
> been asked before (see links below), but I'd like to know if anyone
> has had made any progress recently at porting cuwin onto a cheap
> linux-based router (asus, netgear, linksys etc).  Especially with the
> greater availability of routers with usb (bootable!) functionality, I
> think there has to be a way to do it--and this would cut the cost of
> assembling our nodes dramatically.  It seems the 64mb ram requirement
> is the thing to beat--perhaps some of this work could be done on a
> large usb stick instead?  I'd really like to see something like
> Linksys + openWRT + CUWiN... it would be totally unstoppable.  Thanks
> for you help, Alex.
>
> http://lists.chambana.net/mailman/archive/cu-wireless/2005-February/001608.html
> http://cuwireless.net/node/95?PHPSESSID=f2375d230b76b301de717d1cf79fa7f7

Daniel