[CUWiN] CUWiN on a router?

aeh aenarson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 12:32:16 CDT 2006

hello all -

I'm working now with NTRC on the North Lawndale Wireless Community
Network in Chicago (we run cuwin)--I realize that this question has
been asked before (see links below), but I'd like to know if anyone
has had made any progress recently at porting cuwin onto a cheap
linux-based router (asus, netgear, linksys etc).  Especially with the
greater availability of routers with usb (bootable!) functionality, I
think there has to be a way to do it--and this would cut the cost of
assembling our nodes dramatically.  It seems the 64mb ram requirement
is the thing to beat--perhaps some of this work could be done on a
large usb stick instead?  I'd really like to see something like
Linksys + openWRT + CUWiN... it would be totally unstoppable.  Thanks
for you help, Alex.

http://lists.chambana.net/mailman/archive/cu-wireless/2005-February/001608.html
http://cuwireless.net/node/95?PHPSESSID=f2375d230b76b301de717d1cf79fa7f7