[CUWiN] Soekris images not quite right?

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Tue Feb 7 13:02:06 CST 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 01:52:53PM -0500, simon-cuw at uc.org wrote:
> After running "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rwd0d bs=64k count=1", disklabel wd0
> says:
>
> type: ESDI
> disk: net4526
> bytes/sector: 512
> sectors/track: 32
> tracks/cylinder: 4
> sectors/cylinder: 128
> cylinders: 977
> total sectors: 125056

Oops, I told you the wrong command.  Try 'disklabel -r -I wd0'.  That will
try to read the label directly from disk and, because that will fail,
it will produce a fake disklabel using the disk's actual geometry.

> I wrote the image to the flash using the following after netbooting:
>
>   wget http://192.168.200.1/cuwin-20060205-r3818.net4526.img -O - | dd of=/dev/hda bs=16k

Looks right to me, but compare 'wget
http://192.168.200.1/cuwin-20060205-r3818.net4526.img -O - | md5' on
the node with the md5sum on the web server, just to make sure.