[CWN-Summit] Don Samuelson

DSSA310 at aol.com DSSA310 at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 13:13:29 CDT 2004

Fellow Summiters:

My interests relate to ways in which telecommunications infrastructure
(broadband, wireless, wifi, etc.) can be used to support activities that occur at
the intersections of:

    1.  affordable housing, or real estate more generally
    2.  service delivery systems, or human capital building efforts, and
    3.  education and training - lifelong learning, neighborhood learning and
employment
         networks.

There appear to be situations in Champaign/Urbana where these intersections
could be occurring (HOPE VI developments) so that there could be some
situations where ideas could be converted into prototype programs (building on C/UWin,
Newbury/Open and other interesting examples profiled at the summit).  There
are public and HUD housing projects everywhere in the country. They tend to
house disadvantaged families, most frequently in disadvantaged neighborhoods.  The
concepts of lifelong learning, and neighborhood learning and employment
networks have practical values in these settings.

I could supply more detailed and specific materials on these points if there
is an interest.  But only want to raise the topic at this time.

Don Samuelson
773-447-8794