[CWN-Summit] Re: does anybody know about D2D wifi?

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sun Sep 5 04:40:51 CDT 2004

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:21:53 -0500
> From: Stelios Valavanis <stel at onShore.com>
> Subject: [CWN-Summit] does anybody know about D2D wifi?
> To: cwn-summit at chambana.net
>
> these guys claim double the distance using their radios. what's the word on
> it?
>
> www.parkervision.com

Stelios,

Their claims are not outrageous, but they are vague---"up to one mile",
oh c'mon!  The whitepaper on D2D that I read was kooky market-ese.
I will wait for an independent comparison of their product with a field
of competing products before final judgment, but I strongly suspect that
D2D is hype.

Dave