[CWN-Summit] Putting an end to FUD

Harold Feld hfeld at mediaaccess.org
Wed Apr 6 12:27:11 CDT 2005

I agree this is an issue.  I published an op ed on this on the
muniwireless.com website and I have been working with Ben Scott and Mark
Cooper to publish a rebuttal paper to the anti-muni side that we hope to
release next week.

I recommend that folks in their comunities send independent letters to the
editor or proposed op ed columns.  You can crib stuff from the letter I
wrote and is hosted on the Free Press website and has sign on by a wide
spectrum of groups.  That and the statement of support by the High Tech
Broadband Coalition (private sector trade groups) issued last week can give
you ammunition.

If there is interested, I will try to write a "generic" pro-muni op ed for
folks to customize and submit to their local newspapers (and can also be
used as a letter to your state rep and city councilor) whether there is
anti-muni legislation pending or not.  But I'm unwilling to do this unless
I see some interest in advance, as my schedule is already pretty swamped.

Harold