[CWN-Summit] Students tout WiFi co-ops as alternative to municipal WiFi

Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Sun Feb 10 00:54:48 CST 2008

just wanted to add: the actual HW is basically an accton like the FON.
Currently we buy many FONs in Vienna since they are very cheap at the
moment (5 EUR).
But I would treat the boxes just like that - cheap, replaceable boxes
which can run openwrt.
Nothing carrier grade or so, but practical for many end-users with
less requirements.
See below for the comment on these atheros chips (there are different
ones also, but not in the meraki/FON/accton).

However, when I hear "meraki" I mostly mean the software.

hope it helped