[CWN-Summit] PC World plugs Mesh Networks, Wireless Conference, and WasabiNet!

Ben West westbywest at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 10:51:47 CDT 2010

Minerva and I just got the email from Mr. Shapiro this morning.
Why I'd Choose St. Louis for Google's Gigabit Fiber Project"The economics of
mesh networks is fascinating and holds out the promise of bringing basic
Internet connectivity to all residents of a neighborhood at a minimal cost –
and for some residents, at no cost. When I heard about Google's plans to
bring gigabit fiber-optic Internet to a given number of communities in the
United States, I started monitoring which communities had existing plans to
roll out mesh networks. Such networks are often grassroots projects,
organized by tech-savvy community activists. One of the most interesting of
these is WasabiNet <http://sites.google.com/site/wasabinetwifi/>, organized
by some good people in St. Louis. A quick perusal of this project's Website
reveals that this project is for real and has been well thought out."

http://www.pcworld.com/article/199226/article.html
http://gowasabi.net

--
Ben West