[IS4CWN] unconference session today

Juergen Neumann j.neumann at junes.eu
Thu Oct 11 12:16:40 UTC 2012

Hi Paola et al.,

> we'll be considering what options for a platform
> that supports faceted browsing, for example one could look up the project
> by country, language, type of mesh, topography, other criteria (to be agreed)

Even though the project is still under heavy development and there is no
fully stable release yet, I would highly recommend to have a look at
https://www.deepamehta.de/en .

I have been engaged in this project for almost a decade. The latest
version (DeepaMehta4) is a complete rewrite based on JAVA, OSGi,
JavaScript and HTML5. I know all the developers and could help make this
happen. Clients can be developped in any language, as there is a JSON
webservice interface, too.

Please have a look and the project and let me know about your ideas, and
thoughts especially in terms of timing. A first stable release is
planned arround the end of the year, but one could of course already
start with the development right now.

Very kindly,

JuergeN