[EclecticSeizure] Newspoetry Radio: Schtick for Paul K(?)

William Gillespie william at wordwork.org
Sun Oct 8 15:47:42 CDT 2000

[feel free to revise]

[tape of sad pledge drive]

Paul. That was a sad pledge drive, but this is a happy pledge drive.
Things are actually going quite well. We're really getting a feeling
that the community is out there supporting us.

William. The community is holding the door for us.

P. Very chivalrous, yes, its as if the community is gllantly throwing
the overcoat of its financial support across the mud puddle of our
future operating expenses so that we, the radio station, cas cross to
the other side without soaking the shoes of our... our...

W. Creditors.

P. Creditors.

W. The community IS the color of our parachute.

P. (singing & playing guitar) When you're down and out

W. (speaking rapidly to cram his lines in between Paul's) Nobody loves
you

P. When you're in the street

W. Why don't we do it in the street?

P. When evening falls so hard...

W. When you just can't afford to pay that electrical bill...

P. I will comfort you...

W. and the station manager's paycheck bounces two months in a row...

P. I'll take your part

W. installments or payroll deuction, cash check or credit card

P. When darkness comes

W. Like a phone lighting up when all around is dark

P. And pain is all around

2. The FM dial, a long shopping mall

1. Like a bridge over a troubled water

2. bypassing the market

1. I will lay me down

2. I'm going to be the visible hand. I'm reaching for the phone right
now. Phone in your support 359 9338 and help keep community radio's feet
dry.