[Imc-events] An Open InViTatION to Discuss the IMC

Ellen Knutson knutson at shout.net
Mon Apr 15 13:08:42 CDT 2002

YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED!!!!

TUESDAY APRIL 16th FROM 6-8 PM at THE IMC, 218 west Main st
TO diScuss how we want the IMC to reflect our wants

(food provided)

WHY? Many concerns were brought up at the IMC General Membership meeting
recently, yet not thoroughly discussed or addressed (See List below). We
want to
provide a time to address these concerns, air more concerns and
grievances (yours), and to make some transformations in how the IMC serves
us as
a community.

COME WITH: Things that piss you off, things that make you sad, things that
make you happy, Proposals and ideas for changes, experiences you have had
at the IMC, what you want from the
IMC, ideas of ways you want to be involved in making changes happen

YOU: We hope that people who are satisfied with the IMC will attend. We hope
that people who have felt shut out from the process will attend. We hope that
people with big dreams for changes at the IMC will come. We hope that if you
have ever wanted to be involved with the IMC you will come. We hope that if
you
tried to be involved but felt unwelcome and/or disempowered you will come.

We will do everything we can to make this a safe space where your concerns
are honored and
respected, where your ideas are legitimated, and where real changes will occur
with your input and/or work.

6-6:30: Grievances/ Air Concerns
6:30-7: Group the concerns
7: Break
7:15-8: What do we want to focus on? How will we adress these concerns, and
make lasting positive changes?

Please, no alcohol. Please come!!!!

P.S. If you can not attend, please let us know that you are interested; you
could also send a written statement that we could read at the meeting.

QuestIONS: PLease call Becca 367-6428 or Ellen 278-2274

Thanks, Becca and Ellen

The following concerns were raised at the General Membership Meeting about