[Imc-events] TEAM AV, TEAM PV, you, and me @ Mike & Molly's Friday

Eric J Herboth - ARBORVITAE RECORDS arborvitae at ursis.com
Thu May 16 19:23:37 CDT 2002

VOLTA DO MAR
05/17 (Friday) @ Mike & Molly's, Champaign, IL
$3 / 21+ / 9:00pm

Hey, yo.  Well, look at that - it's already mid May.  School's out and all
that good stuff.  Sure, it's raining and the crops still aren't planted, but
what are you going to do?  Cheer yourself up- that's what.  And this Friday
at Mike & Molly's is the time and place.  The show starts at 9pm (don't be
late!) and it's a mere $3.  You can't even get on to the dance floor to
check out the ass pants and halter tops for three bones!

If you've ever been a fan of Frank Zappa, Tortoise, Iron Maiden, The Fucking
Champs, Don Caballero, Philip Glass or King Crimson you are guaranteed to
love love love Volta Do Mar.  I could tell you about how Alternative Press
lauded them, how that dude from MTV called the new album "fucking
brilliant", how Muddle called it "a balanced mix of instrumental
magnificence and pure fucking chaos" - but you've heard all of that before.
Instead I'll tell you that Friday night is the opportunity to see the most
amazing band around today in the warm green confines of a downtown bar.
You've probably seen them at the Highdive, or at the Metro, or at the
Courtyard Cafe.  But that's all going out the window on Friday when Volta Do
Mar will be blowing minds with new songs and all the old hits.  You can read
all about them in this week's issue of the paper formerly known as the
Octopus (http://www.cucityview.com/CV_docs/music.html) if you think it'll
prepare you.  But trust me, it won't.  Nothing will.  If you're not
convinced that Volta Do Mar is the best band on the planet, come see me
afterwards and we'll straighten it out.  Volta Do Mar are *not* playing
last, so get there on time!

Also performing tomorrow night are the delectable local sounds of Line Drive
to Homer, with their instrumental alt-rock guitar duo backed by electronics,
and Solips, the unstable melodic noise rockers from right here in town that
may or may not make you think about Built to Spill.  The bill would not be
complete without the acoustical sounds of Owen, which is of course the solo
project of Mike Kinsella, whom you probably recall from his work in some of
the most beloved/despised post-rock bands of Chicago circa the late 1990s.

Tell your friends.  They'll thank you afterwards.

Eric J Herboth
TEAM AV [ARBORVITAE RECORDS]
POB 857 Champaign IL 61824
http://www.team-av.com