[Imc-events] Ellen Rosner, Lorenzo Goetz, Eleni Moraites

Zach - UCIMC Folk Music Coordinator zcmshows at ucimc.org
Sat Nov 23 00:13:37 CST 2002

Saturday, November 23, 2002
Ellen Rosner with Eleni Moraites and Lorenzo Goetz
http://www.ellenrosner.com
http://www.lorenzogoetz.com
Rock/Folk
Ellen Rosner is an indie-rocker from Chicago with folk-rock
roots. She's as comfortable with a full band in a raucous club as with
just her acoustic guitar in a cozy cafe. You may have seen her solo at
Grrrlfest, this time around she'll rock us with her full band. Lorenzo
Goetz claims their influences to range from Johnny Cash to Wu-Tang to
Miles Davis to Sublime, in a word mutt-rock. Eleni Moraites is another
amazing local performer that crosses the boundaries between folk and
indie-rock.

218 W. Main St.
Urbana
Next door to The Office.
All Ages. BYOB if 21+
$6-$15 sliding scale at the door.

This is the last show that I have booked for the IMC's fall folk music
series. I'm busy at work already booking shows for the spring. Please
let me know who you'd like to see come to town in the spring and also
let me know what ideas you have for organizing and expanding the folk
music scene in Champaign-Urbana. I've got a ton of ideas that I
haven't been able to implement while I've been busy throwing 2-3
shows/week for the last 2 months. Expect to hear more on this during
the winter!

And seriously, this show is going to be huge fun. You should come.

UCIMC Folk Music Coordinator - http://shows.ucimc.org
Just Another Leftist Muppet - Ya Basta! - Share and Enjoy