[Imc-events] Tonight! Opening Reception for Lissa Raybon @ The Middle Room Gallery

Jason Pitzl-Waters jpitzl at wildhunt.org
Fri Feb 14 07:41:22 CST 2003

The Middle Room Gallery
@ The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center
http://www.gallery.ucimc.org

"nothing broken, nothing lost"
an installation of large-scale digital images by Lissa Raybon
Opening Reception this Friday February 14th, 7-9pm

"nothing broken, nothing lost," an installation of large-scale digital
images by Lissa Raybon will be on display at the Urbana-Champaign
Independent Media Center beginning February 3, running through February
28th. Lissa, a graduate of the University of Illinois with an MFA in
Photography (1989), studied photography with Less Krims and Bea Nettles,
both renowned photographers known largely for their storytelling through
images. Lissa is the owner of Better Image Film Lab in Champaign and was
recently named Woman Business Owner of the Year for the State of Illinois
by the Business Advisory Council within the Republican Congressional
Committee.

"nothing broken, nothing lost," is work that questions our intolerance of
"others" in society and how that interferes with our interpersonal
relationships.

Spirits provided by The Corkscrew Wine Emporium
Food provided by Strawberry Fields
Show runs from February 3rd-28th
"nothing broken, nothing lost," Website:
http://www.soltec.net/~deza

Also that evening at the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center:
Volta Do Mar, Murder By Death, Re:Rec, The Sun
and indie-rock show starting at 8pm in the back performance space

Jason Pitzl-Waters
jason at ucimc.org
Curator/Coordinator
The Middle Room Gallery