[Imc-events] This Friday: Rosner, Locke, Hathaway

Zach - UCIMC Folk Music Coordinator zcmshows at ucimc.org
Thu Jul 10 16:53:15 CDT 2003

Ellen Rosner Trio, Martine Locke, Kate Hathaway
Friday, July 11th @ 8pm
$8-$15 sliding scale at the door ($10 suggested)
http://www.ellenrosner.com
http://www.martinelocke.com
http://www.katehathaway.com

The Channing-Murray (above the Red Herring)
1209 W. Oregon St., Urbana, IL 61801
(217) 344-8820

We've got a great 3 performer night coming up this Friday at the
Channing-Murray, sponsored by the IMC Folk Music Series. Ellen Rosner
called me up and told me she was on tour with Martine Locke from
Australia and they were dying for a Champaign-Urbana date. I told them
our folk fans wouldn't let them down. This is a very grass roots tour,
I hope that with just a few days before the show you folks can spread
the word far and wide about just how special this one is going to
be. It isn't every day you get to hear the Urban Acoustic stylings of
an Aussie!

Ellen Rosner is an indie-rocker from Chicago with folk-rock
roots. She's as comfortable with a full band in a raucous club as with
just her acoustic guitar in a cozy cafe. She's played the IMC several
times with her band and solo and she was a featured performer at
Grrrlfest last year. This time around she's playing with her trio.

"Chicago's Ellen Rosner has a rocking voice like Chrissie Hynde, and
like Hynde, Rosner also has a way with lyrics" - ROCKRGRL, Spring 2003 issue

Born in a caravan park in Australia's Outback, Martine Locke has
literally emerged from nowhere. She plays a masterful guitar combined
with a captivating voice and witty, acerbic humor. She's opened for ni
Di Franco, Arlo Guthrie and The Cowboy Junkies. She runs her own
record label and is independent to the core.

Kate Hathaway is a local singer-songwriter who could easily be touring
the country. Her beautiful guitar and lyrics will keep you
riveted. She's full of blues and power with a hint of Ani DiFranco. A
few years from now when she's wildly famous you can say "I saw her
at the Channing-Murray!"

Come to four IMC sponsored folk shows and get your fifth one free.

IMC Shows at the Channing-Murray are all ages, non-smoking, and
non-alcoholic.

Take our survey and get a free sampler CD for the folk music series.
http://folk.chambana.net