[Imc-events] Jason Finkelman's Suden Sound SATURDAY

Zach - UCIMC Folk Music Coordinator zcmshows at ucimc.org
Fri Jul 11 15:47:08 CDT 2003

Sudden Sound
Saturday, July 12th @ 8pm

featuring

Jason Finkelman - percussion
Tom Paynter - keyboards,flute
Chad Dunn - percussion
Tim McKeage - guitar
Brian Reedy - drums

The Channing-Murray (above the Red Herring)
1209 W. Oregon St., Urbana, IL 61801
(217) 344-8820

The Sudden Sound Project was formed for the continued exploration of
improvised music in Champaign Urbana.  On Saturday, this all ages IMC
sponsored concert at the Channing-Murray Foundation will feature a
rhythm heavy ensemble with percussionists Jason Finkelman, Chad Dunn,
and Brian Reedy laying down grooves and atmosheres for the sonic
adventures of Tom Paynter on keyboards and flute, and Tim McKeage on
electric guitar.

Here's a message from Jason Finkelman himself:

 I've been busy meeting a number of musicians in Champaign Urbana who
 enjoy improvising, which has left me very excited about the
 possibilities of new music projects within this growing community.

 This Saturday's concert will be percussion heavy with ambient, avant
 world directions and accents of prog rock and free jazz.

 Hope to see you on Saturday or at another future date.

And don't forget the great folk show tonight (FRIDAY):

Ellen Rosner Trio, Martine Locke (From Australia!), Kate Hathaway
Friday, July 11th @ 8pm
$8-$15 sliding scale at the door ($10 suggested)
http://www.ellenrosner.com
http://www.martinelocke.com
http://www.katehathaway.com
The Channing-Murray (above the Red Herring)
1209 W. Oregon St., Urbana, IL 61801
(217) 344-8820

UCIMC Folk Music Coordinator - http://shows.ucimc.org/
UC Folk Music Associatation - http://folk.chambana.net/
Just Another Leftist Muppet - Ya Basta! - Share and Enjoy