[Imc-events] Mark Erelli THIS WEDNESDAY

Zach - UCIMC Folk Music Coordinator zcmshows at ucimc.org
Mon Nov 3 19:50:19 CST 2003

Wednesday, November 5th @ 8pm
Mark Erelli and Jeff Foucault with Jason Bentley
http://www.markerelli.com/
http://www.jeffreyfoucault.com

$8-$15 sliding scale at the door ($10 suggested)
The Channing-Murray (above the Red Herring)
1209 W. Oregon St., Urbana, IL 61801
(217) 344-8820

All ages. Non-smoking. No alcohol.

Mark Erelli is really a roots rocker in a folk musician's guise (and
what is the difference anyway?). He's been described as tasteful,
intelligent, sensitive, and unpredictible. He mixes old style country,
balladry, and folk-rock for a throughoughly modern combination.

"Jeffrey Foucault is Lyle Lovett with more dirt on his boots." - Peter
Mulvey

"What I found compelling in Townes Van Zandt's writing is the
essentially American element of the blues that runs through everything
he wrote. No matter what he was playing, Townes sang the blues and he
did it with such a hurtful purity. It was honest and haunting. Hearing
Townes when I was eighteen had the power of revelation."  - Jeff
Foucault

UCIMC Folk Music Coordinator - http://shows.ucimc.org/
UC Folk Music Associatation - http://folk.chambana.net/
Just Another Leftist Muppet - Ya Basta! - Share and Enjoy