[Imc-events] This week @ the IMC

Isaac Burgess miburges at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 16:57:07 CDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Isaac Burgess <isaac at ucimc.org>
Date: Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 4:53 PM
Subject: This week @ the IMC
To: imc at lists.ucimc.org

*Hello All,

Here is what's happening this week at the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media
Center:*

Books2Prisoners Work Session When: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Saturday, July 4th
2009
Where: Books to Prisoners Room, IMC Lower Level
Contact: bookstoprisoners at lists.chambana.net
Help respond to prisoner requests for books by reading letters, selecting
books, packing, and preparing for shipment.

Bike Project, Open Hours & Bike Sales When: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Saturday,
July 4th 2009
Where: UC-IMC Room 24, Lower Level. Entrance on south side of building; go
down outside stairs to basement entrance.
Contact: thebikeproject at gmail.com

Workshop open hours and bike sales. Work on your own bicycle repairs /
builds, ask questions, or help out others! Your first visit to our teaching
repair shop is free; after this, membership in The Bike Project is required.
Repaired, ready-to-ride bikes are available for sale to the public at
affordable prices. Bike Project members have the additional choice of our
Build-a-Bike program: wider bike selection, even lower prices, and great
do-it-yourself bike-repair experience.
C-U Citizens for Peace and Justice (CUCPJ) When: 4:00 pm - 5:00 am,
Saturday, July 4th 2009
Where: IMC Library/1st floor
Contact: http://www.communitycourtwatch.org/

The Truth Ministries When: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Sunday, July 5th 2009
Where: STAGE

Christian Fellowship, music, and kids program.

Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort Meeting When: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm, Sunday, July
5th 2009
Where: Family Room

AWARE, the Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort, works to oppose aggressive wars and
to end racism. Our concerns also include the militarization of society,
inequalities of wealth and opportunity, the concentration and uniformity of
news sources, the global extension of American power, the demise of
internationally agreed norms of behavior, the threat of corporate
globalization to the common welfare, and the erosion of civil liberties. We
come together to coordinate our efforts individually and with other
organizations to share resources and ideas and to make large scale actions
possible as we work towards peace and justice.
July People's Potluck When: 6:00 pm - 9:00 am, Sunday, July 5th 2009
Where: main room
Contact: pengdust at aol.com

Green Party meeting When: 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm, Monday, July 6th 2009
Where: Grandpa Bob Wahlfeldt Family Room - lower level
Contact: http://www.prairiegreens.org/

*Come out to the IMC and get connected with the community!*

--
M. Isaac Burgess
mburges2 at illinois.edu . miburges at gmail.com