[Imc-makerspace] Makerspace Open Hours Tonight at 7

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:40:30 CDT 2010

Hi All,

Open hours tonight at 7! I'll be working in the space. There are
several other people who have started projects, too.

AND...

Jonathan and I talked about the need for Makerspace open hours last
Wednesday. Since Wednesdays nights have turned into work sessions, I
think it would be really beneficial if we started having open hours
throughout the week. This way people would have more opportunities to
come in and work on projects at their leisure.

Other groups in the IMC have a "keystaff", members who hold keys to
the space and open the space for work hours. Keystaff can be any
responsible member of the group who commits to opening the space at a
regular day and time. I talked to the IMC bookkeeper, Joy, a few
minutes ago and figured out the process for becoming a keystaff
member. If you would like to be a keystaff member, let's talk and I
can explain the process. I'll document the process when I get a
chance.

AND...

What is the preferred channel for group-wide communications? Now that
we have forums on the makerspaceurbana.org, I'm not sure whether to
post to the list or to the forums, but I don't want to keep posting to
both. Let's pick one.

Thanks and hope to see you tonight!

Brian

--