[Imc-makerspace] Makerspace Open Hours Tonight at 7

Wayne Byarlay wabyarlay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 12:44:45 CDT 2010

I think that I will use the web site vs the email list for things that
might be appropriate for the public image. Internal stuff, mailing list.

I really think we need to talk more about outreach and awareness.
However it is also evident to me that we will run out of space soon
unless we focus on getting more storage or something. I estimate 2
more work-hours until completion of my tray rack.

The other week I put all paint stuff in the black shelf by the door,
and moved tools to that area as well. I was thinking of pulling off a
wall of that wooden box in the far corner, does anybody object? I also
bought a smaller masonry bit and anchors for that size bit, but they
are plastic.

Wayne Byarlay
Active directory administrator, CITES systems management group
Rm 1501, DCL
217-244-7617

On Apr 7, 2010, at 2:40 PM, Brian Duggan <bcdugga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Open hours tonight at 7! I'll be working in the space. There are
> several other people who have started projects, too.
>
> AND...
>
> Jonathan and I talked about the need for Makerspace open hours last
> Wednesday. Since Wednesdays nights have turned into work sessions, I
> think it would be really beneficial if we started having open hours
> throughout the week. This way people would have more opportunities to
> come in and work on projects at their leisure.
>
> Other groups in the IMC have a "keystaff", members who hold keys to
> the space and open the space for work hours. Keystaff can be any
> responsible member of the group who commits to opening the space at a
> regular day and time. I talked to the IMC bookkeeper, Joy, a few
> minutes ago and figured out the process for becoming a keystaff
> member. If you would like to be a keystaff member, let's talk and I
> can explain the process. I'll document the process when I get a
> chance.
>
> AND...
>
> What is the preferred channel for group-wide communications? Now that
> we have forums on the makerspaceurbana.org, I'm not sure whether to
> post to the list or to the forums, but I don't want to keep posting to
> both. Let's pick one.
>
> Thanks and hope to see you tonight!
>
> Brian
>
> --