[Imc-makerspace] Makerspace Open Hours Tonight at 7

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Sat Apr 10 11:33:53 CDT 2010

We should use a public blogspace.   I had been hoping that the IMC Tech
blogspace would be public at least from
the POV of the UC-IMC.   In fact, I want to re-post some of my previous
blogs from the Tech Backpage to the public
MakerSpace-U blogspace.

To reiterate my previous posting.
Radio Doctors -- this guy is a rare throwback to the 1960's, when people
repaired equipment instead of throwing it away.
He has a lot in common with us philosophically.   He's willing to talk
circuit design with you and sell you parts out of his bins.   Radio
Doctor Sales & Service, 104 E White St., Champaign, IL 61820   Phone:
(217) 352-2641

The HAM Radio Network was the World-Wide Web that pre-dated the Internet.
http://emsh.calarts.edu/~mathart/Amateur_Internet.html
Ask Ivan.   My Grandfather built radios in 1911 in Brooklyn, NY and had
an early-numbered HAM operator's license.
We should network with these folks.

-Stewart