[Imc-makerspace] Space sharing agreement almost up (1)

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 00:03:57 CST 2010

* This is the first of three emails. Please read them in their entirety.
There's a lot of information and a lot of possibilities.

Hi All,

Our space sharing agreement with the IMC is almost up. Our last day on
the agreement is December 14 (keep reading).

I spoke to the finance group last night. Here's where we stand. We owe
$600, or two months' rent, to the IMC. We have one member's payment for
the entire year still pending. I spoke to this member and their payment
of $120 will drop us to $480. The finance group has asked us to make
good on the remaining rent in the next couple of weeks.

I told them that the Makerspace group had yet to achieve consensus on
anything and that I could not request any extensions or ask to sign
another year's lease with the information I had. Since I couldn't make
any commitments and didn't have $600 in my pocket, I essentially gave
the IMC notice that we were vacating the space.

The IMC would like for us to keep maintaining a space here, but they
cannot lower the rent for us. They will begin marketing this space
immediately. However, they will give us until December 30th to vacate if
we cannot find a way to pay for another lease. They are also offering us
a smaller, shared space down the hall for $200/month.

More to come,
Brian

--
Brian Duggan