[Imc-makerspace] [Fwd: This year's Hackers Conference (and picnic too)]

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Mon Jul 12 07:42:39 CDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	This year's Hackers Conference (and picnic too)
Date: 	Sun, 11 Jul 2010 23:35:37 -0700
From: 	Glenn S. Tenney <tenney at think.org>
To: 	tenney at think.org

This year's Hackers Conference will be 5-7 November 2010 at Chaminade again.

We'll be sending your snail-mail invitation in the next couple of
weeks.  If you've moved or changed jobs in the past year, please let
me know your current address before we send out the invitations to
save postage and to save delays in getting your invitation.

Please see the "members-only" web site at
https://conference.think.org/ (you've got to have your own unique
userid... the site's ssl certificate is still self-signed but that
should change shortly).  If you have any trouble with creating your
userid, please email me.

The online registration and online payment via PayPal are up and
running if you don't want to wait for your snail-mail invitation.
We've kept the registration fee the same as it was last year, but
you'll have to register more quickly than in the past.   If you're
bringing a "bring-a-friend", they can use the conference website too,
but you'll need to email me to know who will be asking for a userid.

Please also suggest people we should invite:
https://conference.think.org/conference/invite/  (we'll begin working
on these suggestions once your invitation is in the snail-mail)

Other dates to note:

Our annual friends and family picnic will be:
           Sunday, 8 August

We're continuing our monthly "Second Tuesday" get-togethers for
Hackers and friends -- see
https://conference.think.org/conference/events.html
    The next "Second Tuesday" is this coming Tuesday, July 13th.

For those who plan ahead, mark your calendars...
           next year's conference will be 4-6 November 2011

Thanks, and...   Be seeing you.

--
Glenn Tenney CISSP CISM     The Hackers Conference, Chair
tenney at think.org            https://conference.think.org/