[Imc-makerspace] Kickstart project

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Tue Jul 20 17:49:49 CDT 2010

Hi, Matt,

Well, I've been thinking and so far, I haven't been able to come up with
a project for the MakerSpace which fits Kickstarter's parameters.

Have you?

The structure that I sent you earlier is something that does fit into
Kickstarter's template -- because I have the products -- Backer's Rewards --
all lined up.  (Theoretically, we'll see...)   The Kickstarter folks
like it, anyway.   You have to get past them first.   I already had the
Amazon.com account set up, which is also required.
How will they look at the MakerSpace with NYCResister already underway
at Kickstarter?   Only one way to find out -- go for it!

My project is short-term -- as recommended by Kickstarter.   It will be
over September 1.   It may even be a long shot.   Hey, it's an experiment.
I'll let everyone know how it turns out.   If it works, I might even
begin building stuff in the MakerSpace.

I really want to begin constructing a RepStrap machine, and I frankly
don't have any place to put one besides the MakerSpace.
I want to build one that can automatically drill PC boards from CAD.

I am representing the MakerSpace at Pecha Kucha Night.   The Pecha Kucha
folks (CUDO) insisted on it.

Cheers,

-Stewart