[Imc-makerspace] Build Stuff Day: This Wednesday at 6:00pm in the Makerspace

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 14:49:09 CST 2010

Hi All,

How about we make some stuff this week? This Wednesday, March 10,
starting at 6:00pm. The usual meeting time, but we'll be getting our
hands dirty.

We're ready to start building benches and power supplies. We've got
materials and tools to start building work benches. There are ten ATX
power supplies on the table that need to be converted to bench power
supplies. Let's get busy.

If you want to help build power supplies, you might want to check out
these howtos:

http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-a-Computer-ATX-Power-Supply-to-a-Lab-Power-Supply
http://www.instructables.com/id/ATX--%3E-Lab-Bench-Power-Supply-Conversion/

I'll try to bring all the components, but I don't have a soldering
iron or voltmeter to make sure our abominations - ahem - creations are
actually working.

Bring friends!

See you Wednesday!
Brian