[Imc-makerspace] Invitation Text Draft

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Mon May 10 03:07:32 CDT 2010

How does this look?

How do we make it clear that we're looking for donations? Is it
appropriate to suggest a desired donation amount?

Do we want to use evite.com for this? Is there anything better than evite.com?

How many people are we looking at feeding?

Brian

<invitation>
You're cordially invited to the Inaugural Makerspace Fundraising Dinner!

On June 3rd at 6:00pm, Makerspace Urbana will use our making skills to
cook a delicious dinner for you and a guest.

Come to the Independent Media Center in Urbana to enjoy an evening of
food, fun and an introduction to Urbana-Champaign's community
electronics lab. Learn about the cool things we're working on, what we
have planned for our community and how you can help. Stay for a tour
of our fledgling laboratory.

Makerspace Urbana is in suite 15 in the basement of the Independent
Media Center. The IMC is located at 202 South Broadway in Urbana in
the "old" Post Office building. If you can't wait until June to stop
by, visit during our open hours every Wednesday from 7pm to 9pm and
every Saturday from __ to __.

Get in touch with us at our website:
http://makerspaceurbana.org

Our listserv:
imc-makerspace at lists.chambana.net

And follow our Twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/makerspaceu

We'll be sending out an official evite, soon. Thanks for supporting
Makerspace Urbana!
</invitation>

--
Brian Duggan